Advanced Microscopy Core (JDC)
Bonner-Weir, Susan, Ph.D.
Location: Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215
The Advanced Microscopy Core of Joslin ‘s Diabetes Research Center facilitates the ready availability of sophisticated morphological techniques by providing electron microscopic services, a confocal microscope facility, a laser capture microdissection facility, as well as preparation of frozen or paraffin sections from tissues provided by investigators Additionally we provide protocols, analysis and interpretation.
Since the core is subsidized by the NIH funded DRC, members of the Joslin DRC have priority and a discounted fee-for-service. Use by outsiders will be considered if there is time available, with NIH grant holders given preference.
|Personnel/Contact Information: |
Director: Bonner-Weir, Susan, Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 309-2581
Role: Lab Manager
Role: Histology Tech
|Facilities and Equipment:|
Location of Core: Joslin Diabetes Center, One Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215
- Arcturus Pixcell II Laser capture microscope and accessories
- Zeiss Laser Scanning microscope (LSM) 710 NLO Live with multiphoton capability and live imaging with inverted lens
- Zeiss LSM 410 with inverted lens
- Confocal microscope access service
- Cryostat sectioning service
- Histological and morphological services
- Immunochemistry service
- Laser capture microdissection service
- Paraffin embedding/sectioning service
- Transmission electron microscopic analysis
|Departmental Web Link(s):|
Last updated: 2014-09-25T08:42:40.318-05:00