Health Communication Core (DF/HCC)
Viswanath, Vish, Ph.D.
Location: Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, 450 Brookline Avenue, LW601, Boston, MA 02215-5450
The Health Communication Core offers a full range of creative communication services to support evidence-based recruitment and retention of study participants and intervention research. HCC serves researchers from diverse disciplines who need websites, logos, brochures, social media campaigns, publications, and interactive media targeted to the needs and preferences of specific audiences.
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Harvard Medical School
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Massachusetts General Hospital
|Personnel/Contact Information: |
Director: Viswanath, Vish, Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 632-2225
Role: Assistant Director, Health Communication Core
Phone: (617) 632-5078
- Communication planning, naming, identity, recruitment and retention strategy development, cost estimates for grant applications
- Coordination of translation services
- Graphic design of logos, posters, brochures, websites, newsletters, and a full-range of print and online materials
- Marketing/outreach strategies that increase awareness of and access to services and resources
- Multi-media communication research facility
The ECHO Lab (Enhancing Communications for Health Outcomes) is a state-of-the-art setting in which investigators, clinicians, and practitioners can conduct communication research (focus groups, experiments, message testing, usability testing etc.) with target audiences such as study participants, patients, or community members.
- Social media campaigns to support recruitment, retention, dissemination, patient and provider education
- Translation coordination of health materials
- Usability testing
- Website development and hosting for research labs and studies requiring an online presence, interactive functionality, or site traffic tracking
- Writing/editing clear, accurate content that is engaging and easy-to-read.
HCC offers special expertise in meeting the communication needs of low-literacy and other groups at risk for health disparities
|Departmental Web Link(s):|
Last updated: 2012-08-22T11:00:27.201-05:00