Epithelial Cell Biology Core (BCH)
Director: Snapper, Scott B., M.D., Ph.D.; Alper, Seth, M.D., Ph.D.
Provides technologies and resources required for studies on polarized epithelial cells that line mucosal surfaces. We provide specialized epithelial cell culture and gene manipulation services, customized materials and instrumentation, expert know-how, and training to facilitate structural and functional studies on polarized epithelial cell culture systems or mucosal intestinal tissue in situ.
Director: Snapper, Scott B., M.D., Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 919-4973
Director: Alper, Seth, M.D., Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 667-2930
Role: HDDC Administrator
Phone: (617) 919-2543
|Facilities and Equipment:|
- BD FACSCanto II flow cytometer
- BioLogic FPLC BioRad
- Leica S8APO Microscope
- Manual micro-injector
- Narishige microforge
- nCounter analysis NanoString
- Nikon CoolPix 4500
- Nikon Digital Sight DS-QiMc
- Nikon Eclipse TS100
- Nikon TE2000
- Olympus CKA41 TC phase microscope
- Patch clamp set-up
- Pipette puller
- ProMega GloMax 20/20 Luminometer
- SpectraMax L luminometer
- Two electrode voltage clamp set-up
- U. Iowa Dual Voltage Clamps
- Ussing chamber
- Video fluorescence ratio system
- World Precision Instruments dual epithelial voltage clamp
- World Precision Instruments electrometer
- Cell culture services
* MDCK Cells
* T84 Cells
* Non-polarized Cells
* Maintain Cell line (per flask/week)
* 6-well format
* 12- well format
* 24-well format
* 96-well format
* 0.33 cm polarized (12 filters)
* 1.0 cm polarized (12 filters)
* 5.0 cm polarized (6 filters)
* INVERTS 0.33 cm2
- Cell line freezing
Available from T-75 flask to 3 frozen vials.
- FACS Analysis
"Assistance with assay for protein expression or cell function by 6-color FACS analysis"
- Mycoplasma test
"This test is required for all incoming cell lines and those stored by Core C."
- n-Counter mRNA analysis
"Direct highly multiplexed direct quantification of individual mRNAs in biological samples"
- Transient transfection
|Departmental Web Link(s):|