Harvard Digestive Diseases Center Imaging Core
Director: Massol, Ramiro, Ph.D.; Hagen, Susan J., Ph.D.; Kirchhausen, Thomas, Ph.D.
Provides resources in immunofluorecence, electron microscopy, confocal, and deconvolution microscopy of living and fixed cells and tissues, and offers expertise in imaging polarized cells in monolayer culture
There are 3 locations for Core B:
* Immune Disease Institute (IDI)
* Children's Hospital Boston (CHB)
* Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC)
Director: Massol, Ramiro, Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 278-3210
Director: Hagen, Susan J., Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 667-5308
Director: Kirchhausen, Thomas, Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 278-3140
Role: Research Technologist
|Facilities and Equipment:|
- JEOL 1200EX electron microscope
- Nikon E800 microscope
- Nikon TE2000 inverted microscope
- Reichert Ultracut E ultramicrotome
- Zeiss Axiophot photomicroscope
- Zeiss Axiovert 200M
- Zeiss Axiovert 200M spinning disc confocal microscope
- Zeiss Axiovert 200M TIRF
- Zeiss Axiovision upright microscope
- Zeiss LSM-510 upright confocal microscope
- Imaging instrumentation access
The Imaging Core makes available to the research community modern motorized microscopes capable of multiple modes of imaging of both live and fixed biological samples. In particular, our optical microscopes can perform phase and DIC imaging, widefield fluorescence, ratio imaging, laser scanning and spinning-disk confocal microscopy, dual-color total internal reflection microscopy, 5-D fluorescence imaging, FRAP, photoconversion and FRET imaging.
|Departmental Web Link(s):|