HMS Microfluidics/Microfabrication Core Facility
Saenz, Calixto, Ph.D.
Location: 200 Longwood Ave., WAB-572, Boston, MA 02115
The HMS Microfluidics Facility aims to make the tools of Microfabrication and Microfluidics available to all HMS users.
|Personnel/Contact Information: |
Director: Saenz, Calixto, Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 432-7251
|Facilities and Equipment:|
Location of Core: 200 Longwood Ave., WAB-572, Boston, MA 02115
- Ambios Technology Profilometer
- Corona Treater BD-20AC
- Headway spin coater (photoresist)
- Jelight UVO-Cleaner 42
- Jenoptik ProgRes C5 digital microscope camera
- Laurell spin coater (PDMS)
- Leica Stereo Microscope
- Metrology microscope
- Motic MHG 100B microscope
- OAI alignment bonder
- Reynolds Tech LAF wetbench
- Sharon Thermal Evaporator TE-HMS1
- Sterilgard III Advance biosafety cabinet
- SÜSS MicroTec Mask aligner
- Technics Plasma etcher
- THINKY ARE-250 Mixer
- Microfabrication project consultation
- Soft-lithography service
"The most widely adopted method for making Microfluidics devices for chemical and biological applications is named soft-lithography, a Microfabrication process combining photolithography and micro-molding techniques using a soft, biocompatible, polymeric material – PDMS (polydimethylsiloxane). The Microfabrication room of our facility offers all the equipment and tools needed for photolithography and soft-lithography process."
The lab will perform this service for investigators or trained users may use the equipment and facilities themselves. See the guidelines on the website for details.
- Soft-lithography training and consultation
Includes seminars and workshops, as well as individual training. See website for details.
- Specialized equipment training
- Specialized process assistance
|Departmental Web Link(s):|
Last updated: 2017-03-20T11:35:28.456-05:00