Molecular Medicine Core (BIDMC)
Director: Balk, Steven, M.D., Ph.D.; Petkova, Victoria, Ph.D. (Co-Director)
Location: 330 Brookline Avenue, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, SL232-The Slosberg Building, Boston, MA 02215
The core is equipped with the following instruments: Arcturus XT Laser Capture Microdissection System, Agilent 2200 TapeStation Bioanalyzer, Covaris E220 Ultra-Sonicator, ABI 7000 and 7500 Fast Real-Time qPCR systems, Li-Cor Odyssey System Infrared Imager.
On an hourly fee basis we provide: training on equipment usage, consultations, core setup, data analysis, troubleshooting, primer design, LCM usage. On per sample or per run fee basis we provide: qRT-PCR runs, quality and quantity DNA and RNA analysis, Covaris ultrasonicator sample shearing, LiCor scanning.
For details contact Dr. Petkova.
Director: Balk, Steven, M.D., Ph.D.
Phone: (617) 667-3918
Director: Petkova, Victoria, Ph.D. (Co-Director)
Phone: (617) 667-0603
|Facilities and Equipment:|
Location of Core: 330 Brookline Avenue, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, SL232-The Slosberg Building, Boston, MA 02215
- ABI 7000 Real-Time PCR System
- ABI 7500 Fast Real-Time qPCR system
- Agilent 2200 TapeStation Bioanalyzer
- Arcturus XT Laser Capture Microdissection System
- Covaris E220 Ultra-Sonicator
- Li-Cor Odyssey System Infrared Imager
- ArcturusXT LCM usage
After being trained on the proper usage of the LCM microscope, you will be free to reserve time on the LCM through an on-line calendar and work with the equipment. Come over and enjoy this powerful, state-of-the art instrument.
- Consultations on Real-Time PCR Technology and Experimental design
- Core setup of Real-Time PCR runs Probe/primer design
- Covaris Ultrasonicator sample shearing
- Data analysis troubleshooting
- Odyssey Infrared Imaging
- qRT-PCR runs
Real-Time PCR will always remain the technology you will need for the final touch of your gene expression studies. Our core is equipped with all an investigator needs for primer design, experimental run and data processing. If you have been trained to operate a Real-Time PCR machine you can perform the experiment yourselves. Or, we can do it for you. You can purchase from us all the necessary reagents, endogenous controls and consumables. Or, you can use your own.
- Quality and Quantity DNA/RNA sample Bio-analysis
- Training on equipment usage
|Departmental Web Link(s):|