Glycomics Core (BIDMC)
Director: Lehoux, Sylvain, Ph.D.; Cummings, Richard, Ph.D.
Location: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, room SL-0412, Boston, MA 02215
The Glycomics Core provides services, instrumentation and expertise in glycomics to BIDMC research groups, affiliated and non-affiliated institutions and corporate companies.
Director: Lehoux, Sylvain, Ph.D.
Director: Cummings, Richard, Ph.D.
Heimburg-Molinaro, Jamie, Ph.D.
|Facilities and Equipment:|
Location of Core: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, 330 Brookline Avenue, room SL-0412, Boston, MA 02215
- Fusion Lumos LC-MS Mass Spectrometer
- HPLC Prominence Systems
- ICS-3000 Ion Chromatography System
- Microarray Printer
- ScanArray Pro Scanner
- Spot Array Printer
- UltraFlex II MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometer
- Distribution of Reagents
- Divers reagents are made available to the research community only for the cost of shipping and handling. Reagents are shipped overnight on dry ice or ice packs.
- Glycan Microarrays
- Analysis of potential glycan-binding proteins (GBPs) and antibodies, inactivated bacteria or virus on various glycan arrays including CFG glycan array, microbial glycan array, NCFG-derived defined or shotgun arrays
- Printing of custom microarrays on glass slides using natural occurring glycans, commercially available or glycopeptides/glycoproteins.
Glycan microarray analysis is currently processed following NCFG and CFG request procedures. More information can be found on their respective website. It will be requested from investigator to briefly describe and explain the nature of their projects.
- Mass Spectrometry
N-glycan and O-glycan profiling of glycoproteins – individual glycoproteins, serum, cells or tissues by MALDI- (Matrix-Assisted Laser desorption/Ionization) and other related technologies
Although the quantity of material provided to the core facility can be discussed on a case by case basis we propose the following guideline:
- Purified glycoprotein: 25 ug minimum, ideally 100 ug.
- Serum: 50 ul minimum, ideally 100 ul.
- Cells: 5.10^6 cells minimum, ideally 1.10^7 cells.
- Tissue: 100 mg, ideally 200 mg.
|Departmental Web Link(s):|