McLean Hospital Microscopy Core Facility
Berretta, Sabina, M.D.
Location: McLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, MRC, Basement, Room # 029-030
The McLean Hospital Microscopy Core Facility, located in the Mailman Research Center (MRC), is a shared user facility that supports basic scientific imaging and cell sorting research efforts within the McLean Hospital research community. Users from other Institutions are also welcome, with prior approval from the Core Director. Major instrumentation offered by the Core includes a JEOL JEM1200EX Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM), a recently acquired state-of-the-art Leica SP8-TCS Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope (LSCM), and a newly acquired Bio-Rad S3 Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorter (FACS).
- Harvard Medical School
- Partners HealthCare
|Personnel/Contact Information: |
Director: Berretta, Sabina, M.D.
Berciu, Cristina, Ph.D.
Role: Core Manager
|Facilities and Equipment:|
Location of Core: McLean Hospital, 115 Mill St, Belmont, MA 02478, MRC, Basement, Room # 029-030
- JEOL JEM1200EX transmission electron microscope (TEM)
- Leica Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope TCS-SP8
- S3e Cell Sorter (FACS)
- Confocal Microscopy Service
- One-on-one training for using the confocal microscope
- Consultation/collaboration on sample preparation, experimental design, image analysis
- Image acquisition
- Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting (FACS) Service
- One-on-one training for using the FACS machine
- Consultation on sample preparation
- Transmission Electron Microscopy Service
- Consultation on project and sample preparation
- Sample preparation for TEM (fixation, infiltration and embedding in resin, sectioning and staining)
- Image acquisition and interpretation
|Departmental Web Link(s):|
Last updated: 2017-09-14T09:55:38.554-05:00