Forsyth Bioinformatics Core
Location: The Forsyth Institute, 140 The Fenway, Boston MA, 02115
The Forsyth Bioinformatics Core specializes in oral microbial genomics and microarray gene expression analyses through the integration of computer science with molecular biology and genetics. In addition to supporting funded bioinformatics projects, the Bioinformatics Core will also provide computational support to Forsyth and other CATALYST researchers for processing, analyzing, and interpreting biological data.
Chen, Tsute, Ph.D.
Role: Instructor in Oral Medicine, Infection, and Immunity
Phone: (617) 892-8359
|Facilities and Equipment:|
Location of Core: The Forsyth Institute, 140 The Fenway, Boston MA, 02115
- Bioinformatics Resource for Oral Pathogens
- HM-SVM Algorithm
- Human Oral Microbe Identification Microarray Data Analysis
- Significance Analysis for Oral Pathogen Microarray Data
- Batch BLAST service
The processing, analyzing, and interpretation of the biological data, obtained by Batch BLAST.
- Bioinformatics data analysis service
Consultation on analysis of bioinformatics data.
- Custom microbial genome annotation service
We offer custom microbial genome annotation services for full, partial or survey genomic sequences.
- GCG / EMBOSS molecular biology software package service
Software package access service to the following packages:
* Accelrys GCG via W2H web interface.
What is Accelrys GCG Package?
The original name of the Accelrys GCG Pacakge is "GCG Package" or "Wisconsin Package". It is an integrated package featuring a comprehensive collection of DNA-, RNA-, and protein-sequence-analysis tools.
* EMBOSS via W2H web interface
* EMBOSS via wEMBOSS web interface
What is EMBOSS?
EMBOSS (The European Molecular Biology Open Software Suite) is a package of high-quality FREE Open Source software for molecular sequence analysis.
- Microarray data analysis service
The processing, analyzing, and interpretation of the biological data obtained from microarray data analysis.
- Microbial genomic tiling array design service
High-density microbial genomic tiling array design for transcriptome studies.
- Proteomic data analysis service
The processing, analyzing, and interpretation of the biological data obtained from proteomic data analysis.
|Departmental Web Link(s):|