Biopolymers Facility (Genetics) (HMS)
Director: Steen, Robert
Location: Biopolymers Facility NRB, Room 0088, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115
Our mission is to provide investigators with access to technologies and services that will help them speed along their research programs while conserving both time and money by not having to conduct certain experiments within their own labs. We strive to provide high quality data and a rapid turn around time for all samples. In addition, we provide a wide variety of the most popular reagents and supplies for immediate pick up from our facility.
Director: Steen, Robert
Phone: (617) 432-7480
Phone: (617) 432-7481
|Facilities and Equipment:|
Location of Core: Biopolymers Facility NRB, Room 0088, 77 Avenue Louis Pasteur, Boston, MA 02115
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer
- Agilent 2200 TapeStation
- Applied Biosystems 3730xl DNA Analyzer
- Covaris S2 Focused-Ultrasonicator
- Fluidigm C1 Single Cell Autoprep
- GenePix 4000B Microarray Scanner
- Hamilton STARPlus 96 / Span 8 Liquid Handling Robot
- Illumina cBot (2 instruments)
- Illumina HiSeq2000 Ultra High-Throughput Sequencer (2 instruments)
- Illumina MiSeq Desktop Ultra High-Throughput Sequencer
- Illumina NextSeq 500 High-Throughput Sequencer
- Invitrogen Countess Cell Counter
- Life Technologies QuantStudio7 Real Time QPCR System
- Luminex LS 200 Bead Array Instrument
- NanoDrop ND8000 UV / Vis Spectrophotometer
- Qiagen High-Precision Qiagility Robot
- Qiagen QiaCube Sample Prep Robot
- Wafergen Apollo 324 Next-Gen Library Prep Robot
- DNA and RNA Analysis
DNA analysis with as little as 5 pg and RNA analysis starting at 50 pg are available. Determine size, concentration and quality information using either of two multipurpose platforms, the 2100 Bioanalyzer or the 2200 TapeStation, both available as microfluidic alternatives to gel electrophoresis.
- DNA and RNA Automated Extraction
A variety of DNA and RNA preparation services are available using Qiagen kits compatible with the QIAcube robot to perform high quality, error-free automated sample preparation.
- DNA Sanger Sequencing
Sequencing service includes bigdye reactions, cleanseq purification and 3730xL analysis. Runs for single samples or whole plates available.
- Genotyping Fragment Analysis
Fragment analysis runs on 3730xl instrument available on a per plate basis.
- Luminex LS 200 XMAP Compatible Assays
Self run access to a Luminex 200 bead array instrument for running a host of XMAP based assays available. Brief staff training is required prior to signing up for instrument use.
- Next Generation Sequencing Exome and Custom Target Capture Library Construction
Library preparation, exome or custom capture available with Agilent SureSelect reagents.
- Next Generation Sequencing Library Construction
Automated library preparation available using the Wafergen Apollo 324 robot. Kits and services for Total-RNA, mRNA, Genomic DNA, ChIP and PCR-amplicon are all available.
- Next Generation Ultra-High Throughput Sequencing and Single Cell Analysis
Illumina HiSeq2500, NextSeq 500 and MiSeq sequencing services available by lane or full flow cell. Both single read and paired-end runs of varying lengths available. Single Cell analysis available on the Fluidigm C1 Single Cell Autoprep System.
- Oligonucleotide Ordering
The BPF Portal links you to Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT) entire catalog of products including oligo ordering. Avoid shipping charges as oligos are bulk shipped to the core where you may pick them up in the morning or have them delivered to your laboratory mailbox in the afternoon at no additional charge. Our bulk purchasing agreement allows us to offer most IDT items at the lowest prices.
- Quantitative PCR
SYBR or TaqMan assays and runs available on the Life Technologies Quant Studio7 real-time QPCR instrument. Both staff complete service or plate run-only instrument service available
- Stock Room for Reagents and Supplies
The facility operates an on-site stock room with hundreds of products from over a dozen vendors. Avoid costly shipping charges and wait times. Items can be ordered online and picked up immediately. Bulk purchasing allows us to offer most products at the lowest prices.
|Departmental Web Link(s):|