Environmental Genomics Service Facility (HSPH)
Christiani, David, M.D.
The aims of the EGS are: to assist Center investigators in preparing genomic DNA from blood/buccal swabs collected in their human population studies. This activity involves assistance in the proper collection, extraction, concentration, quality testing and hand or robotic plating for candidate gene and even Genome-Wide studies of gene-environment interaction; to assist Center investigators in creating a genomic DNA biorepository for DNA for genotyping and for epigenetics studies; to assist investigators in obtaining efficient genotyping and epigenetic services either in-house or through partner organizations in the Harvard system; and to assist Center investigators in selection of SNP's, haplotypes, genotyping platforms and for environmental genetic and epigenetic studies of human populations.
- Harvard School of Public Health
|Personnel/Contact Information: |
Director: Christiani, David, M.D.
Phone: (617) 432-3323
Role: Research Specialist, Service Coordinator
|Facilities and Equipment:|
- ABI GeneAmp PCR System 9700
- ABI Taqman 7900HT Fast Real time PCR system
- Beckman Coulter Biomek 2000 laboratory automation workstation
- DNA Engine 2 x 384 well PCR Peltier thermal cyclers
- Gentra Autopure LS DNA purification system
- Pharmacia Biotech DNA/RNA quantitainer
- Promega Maxwell 16 Auto Tissue sample RNA /DNA extraction machine
- Sigma-Aldrich Base Runner 200 nucleic acid sequencer
- Spectra Max M5 384 -well DNA/RNA/protein/Elisa Quantitator
- Genomic DNA biorepository creation service
- Genomic DNA from blood/buccal swabs preparation
- Genotyping/ epigenetics consultation service
|Departmental Web Link(s):|
Last updated: 2014-12-01T13:50:28.617-06:00