Biostatistics Core Facility (DF/HCC)
Catalano, Paul, Sc.D.
"The Biostatistics Core facility is a shared resource supporting consultation on biostatistics and epidemiology throughout the Dana-Farber/Harvard Cancer Center (DF/HCC). The mission of the core is to ensure that experimental designs, study monitoring and data analyses take advantage of robust, efficient methods that reflect 'best practices' in biostatistics and epidemiology; to support NIH-funded peer reviewed grants that do not contain salary support for statisticians; and to enable pilot and small scale studies to become part of successful applications for peer-reviewed funding."
These services are available to Dana-Farber / Harvard Cancer Center members only. The Biostatistics Core is located across several of the member institutions of the DF/HCC. To contact the Core, please email or call the statistician associated with your disease site.
- Boston Children's Hospital
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Massachusetts General Hospital
|Personnel/Contact Information: |
Director: Catalano, Paul, Sc.D.
Phone: (617) 632-2441
Gelman, Rebecca Sue, Ph.D.
Role: Associate Professor of Medicine, Co-Director, Biostatistics Core Facility
Phone: (617) 632-3629
- Advice and consultation regarding grant applications and management of clinical trials data
- Biostatistical consultation
- Computer support for the clinical research database
- Scientific computing for data analysis and scientific graphics
- Training in study design, data collection, computerization, and statistical methods
|Departmental Web Link(s):|
Last updated: 2012-07-11T11:28:09.516-05:00